Join ruckin maniacs in the 100 Ruckin Mile Challenge!
A huge part of any challenge is always sharing your progress and pitfalls with the community and encouraging others to persevere.
- How: You may accrue miles by running and/or walking.
- Limits: Borrowing from GORUCK Challenge, we’ll need to set some parameters by weight as follows: 150 pounds or over, a minimum of three bricks or 15 pounds must be carried in each ruck; less than 150 pounds: a minimum of two bricks or ten pounds must be carried in each ruck. Note: GRC requires 6 bricks and 5 bricks respectively.
- Accountability: to be eligible for prizes, you must record your miles on the daily mileage tracker form here. Mileage must be submitted by 11:59 PM on the day you rucked in order to be counted towards your total.
- Time: You have until October 31, 2012 at 11:59 pm to complete the 100 Ruckin Mile Challenge and earn your patch.
- Winners: First to 100 miles – male/female + two (2) random winners.
- Cost: Free + patch (optional, see below).
- Registration: Register here. Registration will close on Sunday, October 7.
- Results: I’ll post results regularly on the Mud Run Maniac Facebook Wall and here →
A huge part of any challenge is always sharing your progress and pitfalls with the community and encouraging others to persevere. All participants are strongly encouraged to post their progress on the Mud Run Maniac Facebook Wall and/or via Twitter with #ruckahundy.
What you get for completing the Challenge…
In addition to the pride an glory of completing something truly epic, all participants who complete the 100 Ruckin Mile Challenge will be eligible to purchase an official patch. Patches are 3×2 with velcro backing and will fit very nicely on all your GORUCK gear! Cost will be $5 for pre-orders through October 15, then $10 thereafter. Pre-order yours today →
What the winners get…
The first male and female to complete 100 ruckin miles will each receive one (1) free Buddy pass to any GORUCK Challenge event. This is essentially a buy-one-get-one deal where you sign-up for any GORUCK Challenge and you get your friend in for free. That’s up to $160 value, but for those of us who’ve completed a Challenge already, we think this deal is priceless! To be eligible for prizes you must track your daily mileage on the mileage tracker form here →
More goodies from GORUCK!
Not only will the first male and female to ruck 100 miles win a Buddy Pass to a GORUCK Challenge event, on November 1, I will select two random winners (one male/one female) from all participants who continue to ruck throughout the month of October.
Not registered yet?
The GORUCK Challenge is a positive extension of GORUCK’s goal to bring people together: miltary/non-military, men/women, young/old. Our Special Operations Cadre teach every class what a team feels like, how to stay cool under stress, and why camaraderie in Special Forces is so high. In our estimation, people are good, and capable of much more when they work together, for each other. To learn about Mud Run Maniac’s GORUCK Challenge experience, go here →