GRC WOW: The Beaux-Body Plan
“The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.”- Socrates
Let me start by saying I am not a dietitian, nor am I a personal trainer. I am a Recon Marine, a drunken gun fighter who possess a war-fighter’s body.
“A war fighters body? What’s that?”
In short it is a body that has a sh*t-ton of core strength with the ability to carry a heavy load far as hell and the endurance to go for days. I use a mix of weight training, distance running, and a splash of CrossFit just to break up the monotony. I don’t have a six-pack, for only a jerk brings a 6-pack to a party. It’s good to have a little fat. It keeps you warm and helps you stay buoyant, because anyone who has done a GORUCK Challenge knows…cold, wet and miserable happen.
If you follow my plan you will be able to out-drink, out-fight and out-perform anyone. (Except of course a Navy Seal because everyone knows they are the coolest and most popular kids in school. “Ask them, they’ll tell you.” – Jason)
Beaux-Body Plan: The Basics
Firstly, work alternating muscle groups and don’t forgot to incorporate rest days.
It’s good to have a little fat. It keeps you warm and helps you stay buoyant…
- Day 1 chest
- Day 2 back
- Day 3 shoulders
- Day 4 legs
- Day 5 arms
- Day 6 rest
- It is important to take a rest day if you feel like you need it.
- Plug-in running on rest days or days you lift chest, arms and shoulders.
- With every muscle group there is one exercise you will hate. The secret is to get strong and master those exercises. For me, it was the deadlift, clean-and-press, squats and bench press. The key is to master proper form and allow the weight to follow.
- If you are just starting-off incorporating weight training into your way of life, try to complete 3 sets of 10 reps (3×10) with pretty much every exercise you do. On your 3rd set if you can only get 8, 6 or whatever other number besides 10, that’s fine.
- Once you are able to complete 3×10 it’s time to add some weight.
- Once you hit a plateau switch your workout up to a 8, 6, 4.
- Of course every once in a while if you don’t feel like picking up heavy sh*t, throw-in a CrossFit workout that is intensive on the muscle group you are looking to hit for that day.
Enough running my mouth. This is my workout for BACK:
Beaux’s Back Workout
- Deadlift 3×10 – this one is the sh*t that you always have to do!
- Upright Rows 3×10
- Lat Pull-Downs 3×10
- Lawn Mowers 3×10
- Pull-ups – 3 Max Sets
- If you’re a gym rat still looking for cheese throw in some biceps.
- Please feel free to add, subtract and supplement different exercises…it’s your workout.
- You know if you’re cheating yourself, and stop if it hurts (That’s your body telling you you’re doing it wrong.)
- Also, it’s not manly to not ask for help or guidance from other people in the gym – it’s stupid.
Beaux is a GORUCK Challenge Cadre and a Force Recon Marine with multiple deployments to Iraq behind him. He is a mysterious force who cannot be contained by earthly methods. He showed up for Class 001 of the GORUCK Challenge proclaiming that he wanted to meet the kind of person who would sign up for this kind of thing. Those who have watched ‘Surviving the Cut’ may recognize him for some of the same antics he brings with him to the GORUCK Challenge. Beaux is known for articulating a unique sound and fury, known as Beauxetry, in his WOWs.
Share this workout!
Do the mud run maniacs a solid by hitting one of those share buttons above to tell your friends about this week’s GRC-WOW! Thanks!