GRC WOW: Bodyweight Philosophy: Part 2
This week, Cadre Patrick brings us the second installment of his awesome Bodyweight Philosophy, which is focused on getting the most out of your body by using your body. In case you missed Part 1, check it out here.
Enjoy good livin’ brought to you by Cadre Patrick!
- Glute Bridges, 3×15 (This movement activates the glutes and hamstrings, which are responsible for hip extension and hip abduction.)
- Hurdler Stretch, 2×2 per leg
- Jumping Jacks, 50
- Arm rotations, 20 Forward/20 Back
- 1-Mile Run
Many don’t realize that serious muscle and strength can be built with just bodyweight exercises.
Total time: 25 minutes
Instructions: Complete at least 3 rotations of the following circuit:
- 20 x 2 dive-bombers
- 20 x 3 burpees
- 20 x 3 jump squats
- 20 x 3 chair dips (chair required…no sh*t!)
- 20 x 3 planks
- 20 x 3 flutter kicks
- 20 x 3 crunches
- 20 x 3 push-ups
- You can leave out the run and do as many circuits as necessary.
- You can also incorporate 100-meter wind sprints between the exercises, then do the 1 mile run at the end.
- Of course, you can add body-weight such as armor, weighted vest or a weighted GORUCK if you have it.
- To increase the challenge, try adding just one or two pieces of equipment: a dumbbell, a kettle bell, a jump rope, a medicine ball, or a chin-up bar, for example.
Patrick is a GORUCK Challenge Cadre, a former Marine and current member of the US Navy. He has over eight years of operations as a member of Navy Special Warfare and is looking forward to passing on his love of the maritime environment to GORUCK participants.
Spread the word about this GRC-WOW!
Do the mud run maniacs a solid by hitting one of those share buttons above to tell your friends about this week’s GRC-WOW! Thanks!